Thursday, October 27, 2011

Holiday Planning.

I've been in full-on Holiday planning mode. I have gift lists, menus, supplies and activities on paper. It sounds like I'm really ahead of the game. The problem is, putting all the PLANS into some sort of reality. I am great at making the plans but lack a bit of the follow-through. Whether my failure comes from bad planning or unexpected expenses, I think I could do a lot better.

We always manage to pull it off, though. Even during the leaner years we had pretty wonderful Christmases. In the end as long as there are a few presents, a nice meal, some cookies and lots of decorations, I call that successful.

It's just that I'd like this year to go much more smoothly. Much less running around at the last minute. More time to do the little things like play a game and watch a Christmas movie. I want to plan a whole weekend to baking. I want to actually bake through my list instead of crossing off half of what I planned.

I can't control everything. Hopefully that will just leave room for happy surprises.

I'm hopeful this year though. We're not moving and we haven't just moved. So that is a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment