OK. We had a pretty good weekend. Sarah should be home some time this week. She's doing great!! The feeding tube came out on Saturday, which was GREAT news. She's been eating steadily since then and doing really well. We really hope to hear something within the next couple days.
The only problem we really had was the nurse telling us how she spit up all one night. Come to find out, they never checked her chart or the freezer for breast milk and gave her formula all night. She didn't tolerate it too well. And she lost weight that night from not keeping her food down. It was so irritating! I've got nothing at all against formula but there was GOBS of breast milk in their freezer. I've been pumping every 3 hours, that is 8 times a day! Just to stay on top of it and because her doctor kept telling us how important it is. And THEY screw up. UGH!
But really the nurses and doctors are fabulous. I was just having a really bad day on Friday. It felt like we weren't getting anywhere. And then Saturday it just started going so much better. It's the roller coaster ride.
Anyway, I'm sorry for the tirade the other day. It's up and down. A lot.
Don't be sorry for how you feel. I can't begin to imagine how hard this must be for you. I'm glad to see that Sarah is doing better and will soon be going home. Hang in there and good luck. Keep us posted.
ReplyDelete