I'm pumping breast milk for Sarah every three hours. Before my son left from Grammer's house, I told him I had to go get milk for baby Sarah every three hours. He asked where it comes from and I told him. He's like, "Mom, that's what animals do! The mammals!" I told him that we WERE mammals. He looked at me and said. "That's just freaky. YOU are a mammal but I'm not! Freaky!" So, my son has decided not to be a mammal. Just another note, he thinks the whole thing about how babies get OUT of their Mamma's is freaky, too. He's 8. What can I say.
But now he is telling everyone that Mommy has to pump out milk for his baby sister. Then he makes suction cups out of his hands and squishing noises as he holds his chest. Really, it is inappropriate but so freaking funny we pretty much just laughed. I'm sure my Mom has stopped him from doing it in public by now. If not, sorry Mom.
On a less funny note, when did something natural like breastfeeding have to become freaky? It's the way God and Mother nature intended it to be. I'm no breastfeeding advocate. I totally plan to switch to formula or do both after a few months.
On another related note, breastfeeding for a day is like running 3 miles. I would believe that because I've lost 21 pounds since Sarah was born. Some baby and water and some not. I might just pump until she is 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment