Just a quick update. So much is going on. I have lots to tell one day when I can get a chance to sit down and tell it. It was a pretty scary situation.
But now, I'm fine. Sarah is getting stronger every day. She's looking at about a month in NICU. She progresses a little bit every day. We get to hold her once a day for 1/2 an hour. She can be touched every 3 hours. It's not as bad as it sounds. They just don't want her over stimulated. She needs that time and energy put into resting and getting stronger. She's a tough little fighter though and is doing way better than expected. So, we take every little milestone and treat it as a miracle.
I'm supposed to be resting so before I get busted, I better get off here. Jamie is a little bossy these days. He's the unsung hero in the whole thing and is keeping us all together. My Mom and Nicholas are flying out tomorrow. I'm going to miss my boy so much. He'll be a lot happier though being able to get out and have fun. I scheduled my nervous breakdown for Monday afternoon. I won't have time until then to fit it in.
Take it one day at a time. She may be able to get out earlier. They told us 3 months for our son, but he was only there 6.5 weeks and came home weighing 3 lbs, 12 oz!
ReplyDeleteThe NICU is a pretty accommodating place. Ask for a receiving blanket you can sleep with and then put in her isolette (so it smells like mommy). Ask for preemie bottles and nipples, even if you're pumping, you'll need much smaller feeding things. Ask for a pack of diapers - they get samples and will load you up. We even were given a blood pressure cuff! LOL. (just to show friends how tiny it is). Ask about Kangaroo care (skin to skin contact). Your instincts as momma will guide you along.
Again, if you have ANY questions or concerns, you can reach me at eviltwinswife@gmail.com. I can't wait to see pics of Miss Sarah!