Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Forced slow down...

The thing about having a new little one is that she forces us to slow down. There's no running all day. Going out to eat at the last minute can turn into a nightmare. (Please don't ask about IHOP last night. I'm still traumatized. I had to eat my chicken fingers in the truck.) And our little girl is different than her brother was. We could take Nicholas anywhere at this age. He wouldn't wake up if we were shopping or out to eat for anything. But Sarah...she is another story.

She's a little spitfire, my girl. She doesn't like being in her carseat. She doesn't like not being right in the middle of whatever we are doing. Dear heavens don't cover the seat with a blanket!

However, I think in the end it will work out to be a good thing. She's forcing us to slow down. To think about what we REALLY need to do and not just run for the sake of running. We were going to try to sneak away for a weekend over Labor Day. After last night, we decided to rethink that. She's just not ready to travel. And if we think about it, we didn't really go anywhere but to family with Nicholas until he was 7 or 8 months. Then we went to Gatlinburg, TN and to the beach a month later. He was wonderful and we had a blast. So, there is hope!

I know she'll help out on our eating out budget. I'm certainly not going to spend $60 at Outback to eat my Alice Springs Chicken in the truck. I think Carryout is our friend. You save on tips and drinks that way anyway.

And on that note, time on the computer is minimal as well. I've got to run! Crying baby = time in the rocker. It's not a bad thing, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment