Life it trotting along pretty good at the moment. We seem to be finally getting the hang of having everyone home and healthy! We're catching up on the neglected and making plans for the rest of the year.
I can't wait for Fall. It seems I'm not the only one as I see a lot of people with Fall Fever posting lately. It's been a crazy summer and it's not that I'm ready for the weather to change drastically but I'm just ready for the change. It feels like moving on to Fall means moving on to the next chapter and just getting on with life. Getting back to school, back to moments at home, making holiday plans and generally just being a homebody. And liking it! Fall means shorter days. We can shut the blinds, shut out the world and be in our pjs by 7:30! Sweet sweet life.
I have a lot of catching up to do. We spent all summer going from one thing to the other and I've been out of commission from either being at the NICU or in recovery myself. Let me tell you, the grocery list I have for this weekend is NOT pretty. Oh. My. Jamie's been just stopping at the store when we needed something. The cupboards are bare, the fridge empty and even the cleaning supplies are totally depleted. Totally. It's not going to be pretty. I have a Walmart list, a Sam's club list and a Harmon's (local grocery where we get our meet and produce) list. Ugly. It's going to be ugly.
We have company coming next week though and we're super excited. I'm excited for my sister-in-law to meet the baby. She's going to eat her up! And for my brother to come and play with Nicholas. We'll have some good times, some good food and lots of relaxing. And probably some Wii. We never turned the Wii on all summer. Not one time. Fall and Winter are great times for family Wii tournaments though. Yay!
I hear Sarah waking up so I better go and rescue her. Have a great weekend!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment