The homecoming has been fabulous. Having my Mom here has been great. I slept for 8 hours last night. Uninterrupted hours. She has been taking care of Sarah at night. Even though I feel a tiny bit guilty, I also feel better than I have in MONTHS!!
Sarah went to the doctor yesterday. She weighs 9 pounds!!!!!!!! She made it on the chart and into the 10th percentile for a normal full-term baby! Whoooo-hoooo! Her little head hasn't hit the chart yet but that is OK. The doctor said she is doing great. He's very happy with her progress.
Life is about to settle down for a bit. I couldn't be happier. I'll miss all the family, though. At the same time, it will be good to see things settle down for a while.
Speaking of settling...did I mention we'll be settling down here in Utah. At least for the foreseeable future. We kind of realized we were making a life here. We are kind of happy here. Work is good here. We've found good, kind and wonderful people here. The summer weather rocks. And, did I mention, Jamie's work is going well? We are thinking of buying a house next year.
I have lots of things to catch up. Lots to tell. Revelations to let you in on. But tonight I'm going on a date with my husband. I am headed for the shower and to find something that fits to wear.
Have I mentioned that before my appendix ruptured, I lost 50 pounds? I worked really hard. I'm still working. I didn't lose any during my illness because the hospital had me on nutrition and force fed me. And, they wouldn't let me leave unless I was eating a certain amount. Anyway. Boo on them. I took this week off from healthier eating and guess what? I can't handle it. Cake makes me want to hurl and I just can't eat like I used to. I did manage to put down some vanilla bean cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory though. It was worth the calories.
And NOW, I'm off to the shower and to find something to wear.
Your children are beautiful. I am glad that things are going well for you for a change.
ReplyDelete