Monday, August 16, 2010

Motivation...

Suddenly I am motivated. Let me tell you that is a good thing. I've been lacking in any kind of motivation this summer. With good reason but still. Thankfully I got most of Nicholas' school plans and lists made before we had Sarah. I find myself motivated and excited to get back to school this year. I've been tweaking our plans a little in the past day or so. We're going to start September 1.

Nicholas even seems excited to start. He and I talked about what all we'd be doing this year and he seems pretty excited. I know it won't last but at least he'll start out excited.

I think this weekend we're going to go school supply shopping. I thought we'd let him pick out some clothes and things, some supplies and then he can pick a place to have a nice lunch/dinner. Make it a day about him and school. He seems excited to do that. I thought we'd pick up new pajamas to celebrate the fact that we can do school in our PJs if we so choose, and often he does.

I've planned a special first day of school breakfast and we'll take a first day of school picture. I didn't do that last year. I just couldn't get motivated last year at all. Hopefully, it will go a little better this time.

Jamie put shelves in the school cabinet and I'm going to get it organized and ready to go. We don't have a school room in this house, which is fine, we never used it anyway. So, the cabinet and dining room table are our new school room. It will probably work out better with Sarah anyway. I'll take some pictures of the cabinet once I get it organized and ready to go.

I've found some motivation and now I'm off to find some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment