Thursday, August 12, 2010

Waking up happy!

Do you ever just wake up happy? I haven't in a while, but I did this morning! I don't really know why. I guess I just got a little more sleep, felt a little better, am content with where our life is heading and it just finally broke through to my brain.

In case you haven't heard, we're staying in Utah indefinitely. Jamie's had some things go on at work and made some commitments and it just makes sense for us to make the same commitment to our life here. There are still things I don't like and it will never be "home." BUT, there are worse places we could be. It's a beautiful place, you just have to adjust.

Where I once found the brown and red rocks boring and oppressive, I now see them as wild and majestic. The mountains rise above the valley embracing us on all sides. The places with the mountain cabins, the deserts, the red rocks and National Parks down south are all wild and ripe with things for us to do. Hiking, biking, camping, fishing...There are so many places for us to explore. We've met some really nice people and we've made peace with our lot here.

It's kind of nice to think about the future. To think about buying a house, to look around at neighborhoods and think about becoming part of our community and not apart from it.

And, ironically, I'm feeling healthy. I've still got a ways to go but I'm not minimizing losing 50 pounds. I've worked really hard at it. I've found it a little easier here with all the choices for healthy eating. It's very outdoor sport oriented here. Everyone hikes, bikes, camps and basically just gets out and MOVES. In turn, that means the grocery stores carry a lot of really great and healthy options. I still have work to do. And I want to get comfortable enough to get myself OUTSIDE by next Spring. Just taking a small hike will be a milestone for me! I can't wait.

I was headed toward becoming an old lady at 37. I just had given up on being a woman. And here I am, a Mom again. With a sweet baby girl and an active 8-year-old. I want to not be the Mom that waits at the bottom of the trail or waits for the elevator. I just want to BE part of things. I guess it's good to have a goal. My weight goal is not a number. It's more of a feeling or a "stage" I want to be at. If that makes any sense. Simply to be where I feel comfortable with myself and feel ready to get out in the world.

And wow, I got off track! Going to go fix supper! Baby has been asleep for almost 3 hours. That either bodes very well or very badly for my evening!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that Jamie's work will be a great thing. With everyone losing a job, it's so great that the good Lord above is blessing you so abundantly. I will race you to a "healty" end. I too want to feel my best and I'm with you... not about the weight loss but about a new zest of life. The ABF Truck is packed... couldn't have done it without my sister's help. WHY do I think I can do it all?? I really want to go to lagoon tomorrow but she's feeling guilty about going without her children. I am hoping to get past that with her... we'll see. I have to get things done on Monday. She really wants to leave Tuesday but I don't know how you wrap up all the loose ends you thought you would have 2 weeks to do in 24 hours... she doesn't understand that. I have a list and she can't figure out why it can't be done in a day... I don't know how to tell her it's because I will add to that list when I finally remember all the things I need to do before pulling out. I am missing seeing you and your precious children. I am so happy things are good for you. I can't wait to start my new life soon as well. We'll stay in touch!!! AND, I'm so glad you are feeling so much better!!! Got to go and finish packing the rest of the house up (still kitchen food stuff that needs to be gone through - fun, fun).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri, we haven't been to Lagoon yet! We went the the County Fair today. Had a blast. Ate too much junk, though. However, that's kind of what the fair is all about.

    If you need ANYTHING before or after you leave, call me. I sent you an email. Good luck with your new exciting life!

    ReplyDelete