Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DipTacular '11

So, let's talk about Dip. BooMama is hosting a DipTacular. The DipTacular of 2011 to be exact. If there is anything in the world that I can find to give my full support to, it's dip. This is my family's favorite dip for the Holidays. Followed by my personal favorite barbecue sauce. Because if you are going to have dip, you should go ahead and have barbecue. Or wings. Or a truck tire, really, the sauce is good on anything.

Dill Dip
(best served the next day in a hollowed out round of rye bread)

1 1/2 pints of Sour Cream
1 1/2 pints of Mayo
3 TBS Parsley
3 TBS Dill Weed
9 Ounces Dried Beef (in the jar, not the pouch)
2 TBS Minced Onion
2 tsp Beau Monde Seasoning (I've had a hard time finding this the past couple years. I've used Celery salt 1 tsp successfully)

Rinse and pat the Dried Beef dry. Chop into small pieces. Mix all ingredients and let set overnight. Stir and serve.

The festive colors are really great for the Holiday season but we eat this dip year round. It's good with all sorts of crackers and rye bread.

Mom's BBQ Sauce

1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Water
2 TBS light Brown Sugar
2 TBS Grated Onion
2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
2 TBS Cinder Vinegar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Chili Powder
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
Dash of Pepper
Dash of hot sauce

Combine in a small saucepan and simmer 15 minutes. Makes 1 cup.

Hopefully lots of people will post lots of Dip recipes and I will be able to expand my Dip making skills. We have a lot of hanging out to do this winter. Nothing says Football and Family like a Sunday afternoon with some chips and some dip.

2 comments:

  1. I do a Mexican dip every so often. Recipe from my mom - and it's posted on my recipe blog (etwrecipepage.blogspot.com). My sister in law makes it all the time, too. It's easy and sooooo delicious! :-) I'm a big fan of dips too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom made the dill dip when I was growing up. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete