Happy Birthday to my husband. Whew, I'm no longer the older woman! I hate that month and half he has on me! So, in grand bloggy tradition here's my special birthday list.
I love that he doesn't let me boss him around.
I love that he is an amazing Father. He plays Legos and rolls around on the floor. Football in the yard. Little People on the living room floor. I have no doubt he'll be perfectly wonderful at putting clothes on a barbie and diapers on a baby doll. He goes down water slides and laughs on roller coasters.
He listens to me. And the kids. He tries to understand me when I don't even understand myself half the time.
We dream dreams together. Big ones.
I love that he always wants more. He's never content to just accept what the world throws at him. Ambition. He's got it.
This past year or so has been crazy and through it all he's been a rock. And now we're both so tired. So busy. So ready to just drop and sleep for a month. Yet he keeps going even when I've long dissolved into tears. He is a workhorse.
He moves furniture for me. Often. Without complaining.
He's become optimistic. In the early years of our marriage he was Mr. Negative. Everything was the end of the world. And now, when I'm the one giving up, quitting, and spouting dire forebodings, he's the one telling us all that everything will be fine. It will all work out.
He's so SMART. And FUNNY. And you would never know it to first meet him. Once he's comfortable though he has a dry wit that I love. He makes me giggle. I'm a 38 year old housewife who giggles at her husband.
He's vulnerable. People that don't know him might think he is unfeeling but he's not. He's very easily hurt and he hides that. But not from me. I love him for trusting me to have his back.
And my most favorite thing about the birthday boy: He loves us. His family. More than anything in this world, he loves us. He loves us no matter what. For ever and ever. And ever.
Happy Birthday to the most amazing Man I know.
SMOOCH!
No comments:
Post a Comment