Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just another day in Paradise...

It's a gorgeous morning! Especially for the middle of August. It makes me wish I was camping. 56 degrees, misty on the ground, beautiful sunrise. I've got all the windows and doors open and the house is getting some fresh air. I might even have to go put on socks!

Yesterday evening was fabulous. My day started out so rocky but it ended just beautifully. Jamie was actually home by 6:00. We all had dinner together then he and the kids went downstairs to play pool and hang out while I got the kitchen cleaned up and colored my hair. The high-lights were getting on my nerves. They were growing out and looking weird. Plus some pesky grays were sneaking in. And budget cuts means me and Loreal are going to be best buds. But really it would cost me over $100 to get my hair colored and I just did the same thing with a $7 box of color. I do need a decent cut and I'll pay good money for that. So, after the hair coloring I made some oatmeal cookies, we hung out, put the kids to bed and watched Monday Night Football.

And except for Sarah walking smack-dab into the Pool Table and all the drama from that, it was grand!

We're starting back to school this week so I'm trying to get books and papers organized as best I can. We've decided to work from the dining room table and see how that goes. We never seem to use the "school room" because it's downstairs in the far corner. There's no where for Sarah to hang out and not cause trouble. So, I am cleaning out the hall closet for books and supplies, putting in another book case, and we are going to see how it goes working up here.

And now my Grape Nuts and yogurt are calling me. Better get them while it is still quiet!


No comments:

Post a Comment