Monday, August 15, 2011

Home...

It's good to be home. I'm home from WV and the cabin. And I sort of never want to leave. OK, maybe I'll go on vacation in September but, that's it. I really couldn't be more tired. The bed situation at the cabin was not the best! Add to that the storms and hail and we didn't get much sleep!

So now I'm in the midst of wet muddy laundry and getting things put away. Nicholas was gone for two weeks and he brought home a TON of stuff. Mom took him "school" shopping and he went a little crazy. We're both looking forward to his studies this year. Lots of interesting stuff on the curriculum. And that makes everyone so happy! He asked to do more "projects" this year so I've been gathering ideas for that. I'll need to go supply shopping, so fun! I let him help me decide what books he needs to read this year, besides pleasure reading. It seems to help the enthusiasm when he gets a say.

Sarah is officially a walker now. It's a whole new world for her and she's loving it! She really enjoyed camping. Making people walk her down the dirt road, playing in the rocks, being dirty and eating half a watermelon. My girl loves the watermelon.

All is good on the home front.

Although I do have a situation that is bothering me but I've decided to let it go and turn the other cheek. Telling myself the stress isn't worth it. The strain going off half-cocked would put on my world isn't worth it. I feel like I'm always the one keeping the peace. I'm always the one telling Jamie to "let it go." I never ever want to be the cause of strained relationships. I'm always the one trying to get him to keep the peace, to extend a hand. But one day, one day I'm going to get tired of it and we're going to have to have it out. I don't care what they say. Turning the other cheek is HARD. If I could yell and carry on, I'd feel MUCH better.

Still, we're determined not to let strained relationships tarnish our home life. Jamie's overtime is over and so life can start getting back to normal. I'm making meatloaf and mashed potatoes and corn for dinner. Meatloaf on Monday. Doesn't get any more normal than that! I've got a glass of sweet tea, I'm sitting at the kitchen counter catching up with friends old and new.

And I'm home. Where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment