Oh, what a nice weekend! The boys went to a Colt's game on Friday night. It was only preseason but by the excitement around here you would have thought it was the Super Bowl! Jamie ended up taking Nicholas to work with him on Friday so that he wouldn't have to drive all the way back up here and pick him up for the game. So the boy got to spend all day at Daddy's work AND go to a real Football game. Oh. My. When he went to bed the next day he said he wished he could do Friday all over again. It makes me happy.
It's humbling to know that he's making memories he'll have his whole life, now. He's going to be 10 in October! 10! I know he'll remember that day with his Daddy for a long time.
We did some exciting errands on Saturday. You know, the grocery store and Babies R Us. That kind of exciting. Yesterday we went up to a lake and wandered around. Threw rocks in the water, played on the playground. Brought home two very dirty children. I went to change Sarah's diaper before we left and sand and rocks poured out. Nice. We came home and spent the afternoon weeding around the house, cleaning carpets and playing outside. Sarah got the hang of her hot pink 4-wheeler! So, cute racing around the yard with her hair blowing in the breeze of 2 miles per hour!
The weather has been rather spectacular. High 70s low 80s little humidity 40%. It's going to get hot again by the end of the week but I'll take this little snippit of Fall while I've got it. I can't believe Labor Day is this weekend. I'm happy though. Fall is my favorite. I love the cold nights, warm days and the beautiful leaves. Not to mention the lovely lovely routine.
And now I should run. I have two kids looking at me with the expectation of pancakes in their eyes and a black lab dancing the jig at the back door to go out and sniff something. Have a great Monday!
I'm sure he loved a day at work with Daddy and the game! That's wonderful. Hope y'all have a great school year! :-)
ReplyDelete