I'm in West Virginia this week. We're enjoying a week of hanging out. Heading to a cabin in the woods over the weekend. We'll be fishing and playing in the campfire with my parents, my brother and sister-in-law. It will be a nice way to end our "summer." Even though the temps will stay hot and the days are still long, we'll be going back to school and getting back to early bedtimes and routines.
I'm ready.
I've been watching too much news lately. Does anybody else sometimes get overwhelmed? With fear? Nervousness? I don't really know what to call it, just unease. The financial mess. Worry about continuing recession woes. My husband has a good job. A great job. We're doing well. We are paying off debt right now so money is tight but it won't be by January. And I'm thankful. So thankful. I'm also scared because we've been to that place where a good job is there one day and gone the next. Looking into the future he can see that work will slow down next year. I find that terrifying. Not that I want him to work to death. Just that I want him to have a job that keeps us comfortable. A job that keeps us, period.
I don't want to worry. So, I try to just keep doing what I'm doing. I just want to keep living. I want to look for a new Fall wardrobe. Christmas shop for the kids. Go on vacation. I know that life in general is uncertain. I'm pretty good at dealing with it. Planning for the future but living in the now. But sometimes, I have to turn off the news. I can start feeling panicked. Like I need start stockpiling food and clothing. And maybe I should. On my worst days, I tend to think we should buy some land in the country and learn to be self-sufficient. Probably not my best idea. My husband is an engineer. He's not a hunter or a farmer. I'm a stay-at-home Mom that colors my grays and watches QVC. We aren't exactly going to get up to milk the cow and feed the chicks. We'd have the best designed and homiest Yurt in the wilderness though!
Maybe I'll settle for buying a few extra cans of beans and a case of water in case of the Zombie Apocalypse. That will make me feel better!
No comments:
Post a Comment