It's another gorgeous morning in Indiana! Golden sunrise, cool temperatures. I stripped the bed and opened the windows in our room. Nothing like a fresh place to lay your head at night. I've been sitting here finishing up planning for the rest of the week. We're starting school tomorrow. I wanted to have something a little fun to do for the first day. Nicholas is very hands on and visual. So, I want something we can work on and hang up for him. I think we're going to just cut out some shapes of things like the States, test tubes, a revolutionary war soldier, a book, a civil war musket etc...and just write out some of the things we're going to study this year and then he can hang them on the window.
We've decided to move the school "room" out of the basement. Actually, we aren't having a school room at all. We're moving everything to the hall closet and using the dining room table and living room for school. Nobody wants to spend the day in the basement. Also, he can use the desk in his room to work independently. It allows me to tend to Sarah and get other things done when he doesn't need me but to be close by for when he does. And when he and I are working together, Sarah will have her toys and a place to play. It also makes school a part of our everyday life and not just something we can put away and forget about at the end of the day. Part of being a homeschooler is the fun of having the world as our classroom.
The challenge for me is going to be the chaos. I hate all the chaos the books and papers make. However, having the closet where I can put things at the end of the day will hopefully make that less of an issue. I've picked up a couple crates already that will fit papers and books and keep them organized but ready to pull out for the day.
So, this morning I'm getting things ready for our first day tomorrow. Printing some worksheets, going over some review, hoping my Amazon order gets here today. Nothing like taking it down to the wire!
No comments:
Post a Comment