Is everyone else crying about the heat. Holy Smokes! Yesterday wasn't too bad but I'm sweating today for sure. Luckily, I'm inside. The boy is off having grand summer adventures so it's just me and Sarah. She's OK with being in. Especially if I am willing to play Little People and feed her goldfish crackers and juice. It's all good.
I'm working on a few projects around the house. Trying to get things "better." We just threw our stuff in here without organizing or thinking it through. Today, I rearranged the living room. It looks good. Much more open. I had planned on working on our dining room table but alas, my husband has no sand paper. No sand paper. Where are his priorities?
I plan on resurfacing the dining room table, taking the bed out of the new school room, redecorating down there, organizing all the sheets and blankets in that closet, sorting out some baby toys, painting the light hanging over the table, and painting the living room, dining room and kitchen. All before September. It should be fun! I have to have Jamie help me paint, though. We have very high ceilings over the stairs and there is just no way I can get to them even on a ladder. Not without getting up the ladder then crying because I'm too scared to come down.
I've been making some list of suppers to cook once Nicholas gets home. We'll be starting school August 18. Our school system starts on the 17th but we'll take that day to sleep in, go out to breakfast and say "neener-neener" as the kids get on the school bus at 6:30 and off at 4:00. Hey, homeschooling is hard. We take the perks where we can get them. But, the point of the suppers is that things will be settling down into a routine again. There will be school work and earlier bedtimes which suits me just fine.
Speaking of HARD, we have a tough year ahead of us. But oh-so-fun! Nicholas will be learning lots of things he will just adore. I'm still pulling together curriculum. I probably need another day to just sit down and make a list and get an order or two ready.
Can't believe it is that time of year again!
And with that I'm off to get some things done while the baby sleeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment