I feel frumpy today. I looked in the mirror and realized that I couldn't remember the last time I plucked at my eyebrows or had them waxed. They were kind of scary. So, while I was plucking the worst of the offenders, I noticed my poor hands. My nails are all uneven and just ugly. My finger tips are all cracked and peeling. I've washed one too many bottles, I guess.
I need a haircut. I'm not getting one because I want my hair to grow out a little bit, though. It's at that in between stage that drives me crazy. I'll probably break down and end up getting it cut before Thanksgiving. It's so fine and stringy!
I need a spa day. Will I ever get a spa day? No. Have I ever had a spa day? No. Not a spa day kind of girl, I guess. Oh I've had a facial or two and once even got a massage. I had a pedicure once and had my nails done for my wedding 10 years ago. But for some reason, I'm obsessed with the thought of having someone else get me all spit and polished. Of having wonderful beautiful nails. Pink polished skin. Eyebrows that look like they are supposed to and a haircut that has some style.
Since I'm talking beauty, I'll mention my makeup saga lately. I've been a faithful Bare Essentials user for a few years. I decided to try some other high-endish brands. Meaning, not at Walmart brands. So, I tried Laura Geller, Mally and Smashbox. I checked Sephora for other brands as well. While I like some of the things from the other brands like the Mally eyeliner, the Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, all in all, I'm going back to my first love. I like the coverage of the BE foundations. I adore the mineral veil and I'm happy enough with the eye and cheek colors. Everything looks soft and natural. My skin looks better when I use the BE as opposed to the other brands. The state of my skin is getting to be much more important to me as I get older!
And aren't you just THRILLED you know all this now? Can't help it. I may be a stay at home homeschooling Mom, but I like makeup. Never go the day without it. I'm trying to take better care of myself and be less frump-girl. It's too easy to fall into that trap!
I use the Maybelline powder foundation and veil. I like it as well as I liked BE and it's much cheaper.
ReplyDeleteCall a salon to get your brows waxed and then just keep up with the shape by plucking at home. It feels SO good! :-)