Alright. You know what? It's been a bad week. Everyone down with the stomach bug. Grumpy. Grouchy. Discontent. Blah.
You know what you do when that hits? Well, what I do? Just shake it off and start over. Dwelling on the negative sucks the joy out of life. And though I'm more likely to complain here, as my outlet, than to express joy, my life is joyful. I try to live it happy.
Yesterday was just a bad day. I snapped at everyone last night. I apologized and we move on.
And today the boy is down with the tummy bug. My least favorite part of motherhood. Yuck!
But also today, I'm planning and thinking and being inwardly domestic. Maybe I don't have a lot of time today to wash, fold, wipe, clean, cook, plan and experiment but I can make the plans for when things are better again. Christmas is coming and every year I swear I'm going to be more organized and I never am. I like the idea of organizing more than the act. For me, a spiral notebook is all I need. I start with gift ideas about September. Make lists of decorations we need to replace. Lists of activities we might want to do. Start menu planning. Baking planning. Round up and find out what, if any, company we'll be getting and plan accordingly. All that goes easily into my command central notebook.
I've got an itch to get in the kitchen. I can't wait for everyone to be healthy again. I can't wait for the weather to cool enough that warm baked, roasted or simmered ANYTHING is welcome.
So, I'm making things better in my head. Hopefully the reality will follow.
Deep breaths - tomorrow is a new day for a fresh start! Or, Monday seems like a good day to start over. No need to rush these things. ;-)
ReplyDelete