It's Sunday evening. Everyone has bathed. We're all in our jammies off on our own pursuits. Jamie is watching Football. Sarah is playing in her pack and play. She's turned herself sideways trying to get a toy but she's not complaining so I'm leaving her that way. Nicholas is in his playroom watching cartoons and recreating some WWII battle or another with his army men. The dog is with him.
I made a Texas Sheet Cake today. It's been a huge hit. I actually can't figure out Jamie hasn't gotten sick. He's had about 3 pieces. BIG pieces. Nicholas has had two. I had a small piece and a cup of coffee earlier this evening. I have to admit that as far as cake goes, it was so good! We grilled burgers and had a salad this afternoon.
Not much is going on today. It's been kind of a quiet Sunday, which is how I like it. Especially since Monday promises to be SUPER busy and stressful. Super stressful. Jamie has things going on at work that directly affect our well-being. Nicholas and I have to catch back up at school after having a few sick days last week. The house needs a bit of tidying, which I hope to do tomorrow afternoon in order to keep my mind off of things going on at work.
I have no menu plan. I'll either need serious comfort food or we'll be celebrating. It could totally go either way.
I'm ready to get the kids to bed tonight. I just want to sit on the couch and do nothing for a couple hours. Then fall into bed with the open window and bury myself under the covers. I love sleeping when the nights are cool!
Have a good Monday!
I know you said things were settled in Utah. However, if there's a chance at a transfer to the east, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Regardless, I hope it's a celebration!!
ReplyDeleteQuiet Sundays are always the best. :-)
ReplyDelete