Tomorrow is the first day of Autumn. I'm a sucker for Fall. October is one of my favorite months of the year. It's hard to beat Christmas, of course, but October is right up there. When Jamie and I were dating we took drives up to the mountains in October in his red Mustang. We rolled the windows down and watched the leaves kick up behind us. He told me he loved me.
We got married in June. Pretty much a stop in the JOP and do the deed. But, we had a beautiful Fall wedding in October.
Our boy was born in October. I had a GIANT russet colored Mum in front of the little rental house when I brought him home from the hospital. It was hot, though, that year.
Oh, above is my new IKEA pot rack and kitchen cart. I'm in love with both of them. Please ignore the mismatched fridge. It's just that it's perfectly good. Works great. It seems wasteful to want something else just so it will match.
I'm sitting here by the kitchen window FREEZING, as the temperatures just dipped into the 40s and I have the window open. I can't help it, though. It's so refreshing and the breeze just smells so nice. It's even a little overcast today. Can you believe you can miss clouds and rain? The sky is always blue and cloudless here. It seems silly to dislike that but I'll tell you, sometimes I like to be a little moody and brooding. It's hard to be moody and brooding when you are facing crystal clear blue skys and bright sunshine. I do seem to manage, though! I know all this will change over the winter. Apparently there are temperature inversions in this valley that can last for a week or more.
In honor of this perfect almost-Fall-Day I'm making beef stew, homemade bread and pumpkin pie. Or apple pie. I haven't decided. It just seems a perfect day for pie.
We brought in the totes of winter clothes. I'm going through them and washing everything up today and tomorrow. I need to go through Nicholas' summer clothes. He had so many this year. I'll still leave out some shorts and such but he certainly doesn't need as many. He's going to throw a fit when I start pulling out the jeans and shoes with laces! He's already bugging his "Grammer" for cozy Crocs. He believes one should go from summer Crocs to Winter Crocs with no stops in between for Sneakers or boots.
We've gone through the board games, bought a new game for the Wii (Resort Sports - it's awesome), contemplated rearranging the basement to make it a bit cozier and give us more Wii room. Jamie lost control of his Wii remote this weekend and well, lets just say he dropped himself to the floor writhing in agony. Nicholas laughed so hard I thought he was going to have to change pants. Good times. Goooooooood times.... Yes, in our family we find each others pain funny. Don't be in the car with us when a "punch buggy" drives by.
And on that note, my hands are too cold to type. I'm off to start the laundry and enjoy the icicles currently forming in my living room next to the open windows.
No comments:
Post a Comment