Did you know that a few words from a stranger can make you heart-stoppingly homesick? Trust me on this one. We were at a red light last night and a guy in a truck pulled up next to us. He motioned for us to roll down the window. He said, "Hey, are y'all from West Virginia?" (we have a WV sticker on the tailgate). He was from Parkersburg. He's been out here for 5 years and goes home once a year to get "a little release from this place."
And pretty much since that moment, all we have talked about is home. The people, our family, our life back there. And now, I'm nothing but sad and homesick.
I know it will pass. Things will go back to being good and this will pass. But right now, I just want to go home. Home where it isn't lonely. Where we fit in. Where we aren't judged and found lacking all the time. Where people talked to us, kids played with our son (and didn't care where he went to Church) and were, frankly, normal.
Right now, it's just a bad day.
No comments:
Post a Comment