Have you seen THIS?
It is very inspiring to see someone turn a temporary space into a home. I'm also a big fan of Nesting Place. Another Renter. Sometimes it can be hard to turn a temporary space into something you love. And hey, I should know! 10 moves in 9 years!
This house has probably felt the least like home to us of any place we've lived. I just can't love it. It's floor to ceiling mushroom color. I mean the carpet, tile, doors, trim, walls and ceiling. On all three floors. The color of a dark mushroom. Fungus is not inspiring.
But, it's OK. It's safe and it's where we landed. And as soon as our lease is up we're moving to the North side. This neighborhood is GREAT for some but it's not us. Too exclusive. Too perfect. They have these great beaches and parks but get mad if the sand or grass is messed up. Just too much.
However, inside these walls, we've managed to make a place we can't love a home. It's still a haven too us. A place we can relax and be. A place to recharge.
That apartment above though, now THAT is someone turning something blah into something lovely! I'm ashamed that my first thought was UGH! I'd hate to have to repaint all that. You know what? If she is there several years, it will be totally worth it. And, if it's like the apartment we rented a few years ago, you could paint it anything you wanted and if you didn't want to repaint it, you had to pay $100 fee. Totally worth it!!!!
So here is to making any place you live a home! And three cheers to the renters with imagination!!!! My heros!
No comments:
Post a Comment