Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Coffee...

Coffee fixes everything. Well, except my relationship with my neighbors. Coffee is a sin. So is tea. So, I sit on the front porch, happily caffeinated, and toast them as they walk by. They don't look at my cup.

I realize that this does not help in the making friends department around here. But, I like coffee on a chilly sleepy morning. And I like my front porch with the Mums and the sweet rocking chairs. I even like my neighbors. And when they wave as they rush by, my hands are full so I lift my cup and smile. They probably think I'm a smartass.

It's not like I'm toasting them with the homemade moonshine. We keep that under the kitchen sink.

And now I AM being a smartass because, well, I'm in a mood. It's just a cup of coffee. Take the stick out of your....

Whoops, never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment