We had a rather nice weekend here in Utah. It was warm but not horrible. We did a little window shopping and went for a picnic. Apparently, this reservoir freezes over in the winter and is a great spot for ice fishing. My men-folk were all excited about that idea. Little do they know there is NO WAY I'm letting them go walking across a frozen lake. NO WAY. I'll spoil their dream later.
One thing you have to give Utah is the love of that blue sky. It's the most amazing blue in person.
This is what Jamie and Nicholas spent the afternoon doing. That and watching people walk by with big old cutthroat trout (I think). This water is at a high elevation so it stays cool. The fish love it. Anyway, they were practically dying to fish. You have to live here for 6 months before you can get an in-state license. And if you know Jamie, you'll know he won't spend the extra money for an out of state license when he lives here. He barely wanted to pay the entrance fee for the lake. I may just buy him a pass for Christmas and then he won't have to think about it.
Our new goal is to find a place to drive and see Fall foliage. Idaho hits peak near the middle of September so maybe this weekend. FUN!!!!!
Beautiful! How blue the sky and water are!
ReplyDelete