Monday, September 28, 2009

Exciting stuff!

Oh the excitement at my house is crazy! There is S-N-O-W in the forecast. Snow in the mountains on Wednesday and snow in the benches (where we are) by next week. It won't stick around long and it won't be much but SNOW in October! This is big news to the males in this household.

I'm looking forward to the cool down myself. I have a ham I want to bake and then cheesy ham and potato soup with the leftovers. It's bad when I'm looking more forward to the leftovers than the actual meal.

We had such a busy weekend. However, it was full of nothing. Running errands, cleaning the truck, working on the "familyplayroommancave." The weird thing was, I was frustrated, angry, feeling isolated and lonely in this town and especially this neighborhood. I just started praying to God to help me see the good, to help me to see where HE wants us to be. And now I just feel peaceful. Today this house feels like home. I've hung pictures that have been sitting around for three months. I started putting personal touches on the classroom/office. I vacuumed the neglected stairs. All four sets. I mopped the kitchen floor. And next thing you know, I feel like home. I feel at home. I got my basket of yarn out and picked up a neglected crochet project. I started organizing the craft room. And wanted to scrapbook! I've been too depressed to scrapbook since we got here.

Nothing changed but my attitude. I know it needed an adjustment, that is FOR SURE!

And now I just hope it is the start of good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment